Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.

Replace the spark plugs on a 2007 chrysler sebring 2.7 v6??

How do you replace the spark plugs on a 2007 chrysler sebring 2.7 v6??
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Ok, the intake manifold has to first be removed, then remove the ignition coils to access the plugs.

2.7L

Always remove the ignition coil assembly by grasping at the spark plug boot, turning the assembly 1/2 turn and pulling straight back in a steady motion.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Prior to removing the ignition coils, spray compressed air around the coil area and spark plug to remove contaminates from around spark plug tube.
  3. Remove the upper intake manifold.
  4. Remove the ignitions coil.
  5. Remove the spark plug using a quality socket with a rubber or foam insert.
  6. Inspect the spark plug condition.

UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD:

graphic

graphic

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you say upper intake manifold you mean on top of the engine bay? There are the three spark plugs in the rear that i cant get to.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the upper intake manifold is that large part as shown in the directions that sits on top of engine. There is absolutely no way to access the rear plugs with the upper intake still on engine. It blocks access from any direction to get to them. This is why labor at a shop is almost 3hrs to do the plugs. There are no shortcuts. You have to remove the upper intake to get to rear plugs.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise please click the accept button to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a paysite and the expert is not paid for their time or experience, or factory information you requested at their personal expense until you do so. thank you and have a great day