Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

1992 Chrysler Lebaron: V6..speedometer..trip..whole odometer assembly

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Chrysler Lebaron V6. The speedometer works, but the odometer and trip odometer are not working. I have the whole odometer assembly out. Is there anyway I can replace the odometer gear? Also how do I get the assembly removed from the actual plastic face plate that has the MPH?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX can help you on this concern.

Items like the Speedometer and odometer are usually assembled in a way that if you try to disassemble it it breaks it, auto manufacturers do that to try to stop people from rolling back the odometer. The best option is to just get a complete assembly, you might be able to find one at a u pick it salvage yard. That would be my recommendation if you want a ven with a working odometer. If you need more info Please click "Reply"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you know any way to seperate the odometer from the face plate?
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.

I Have to say it's not very often that I disassemble a speedometer, but if theyre plastic melt rivets, or even metal rivets, I'd recommend getting a dremel and grind the heads of any rivets, that would make it much easier to separate the parts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a way to change your price to $5.00? I will pay $5 for the answer, but not $23.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.
No, I can't I have no control over pricing, Sorry. Let me research and see if I can get you a better answer, though. I might be able to get some more info for you, It will take me a while, I'll get back with you ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dont worry about it. I am just going to live with it. Do you have paypal? I could send you $5.00.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.
What body style is your lebaron, they made lebaron in a couple different body platforms in 1992.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.
Sorry It's against JA policy to accept payment outside of JA.

Edited by Robert R on 10/4/2010 at 1:30 AM EST
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 years ago.
Don't worry, No Charge.