Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

Check engine came on. Trouble code P1698. Replaced TCM.

Check engine came on. Trouble code P1698. Replaced TCM. Did not correct. Still remains in second gear and trouble light remains. 2000 Chrysler Concorde.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

If you are still getting the same code, then you need to check the wires going to the TCM. You need to make sure it is getting power and also a good ground. You will have a wire with constant battery voltage and then a second wire will have power when the key is turned on.

If the module is getting a good power and ground, then you need to inspect the bus communication wires for any potential damage or corrosion.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is a mulitple of wires going to the TCM. Which one stays hot and which one is energized with the key on. What is the Aisin transmission controller? This is referenced in the Haynes Manuals for the P1698 code.

The wire pins will be numbered 1-20 in 3 rows.

The constant battery power is pin 56 and this is red wire with a light blue tracer.

#8 and #11 need power with the key on........one yellow and one red/white.

"Aisin" is a brand name and there is only one transmission control module on your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will check the suggested wire codes for power. If no power is present,where do I go from there. There is a fuse block under the hood which controls power to everything under the hood . Is there a fuse or relay that would need to be checked?

Yes, we'll need to trace the circuit back, so let's wait and see what the results are.

Just reply back when you've had a chance to test the wires.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I disconnected TCM from harness & ran continuity test on suggested wires. Results are red w/blue trace is hot. With the key on yellow wire & red / white wire are not.

Ok, check fuse #1 in the inside fuse box. This is a 10 amp fuse.

Looking at the diagrams again, the yellow wire may only get power when the key is in the start position, so re-check that and fuse 1.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Yes the 10 Amp fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse. All wires now show power. Should I re-connect the TCM and see if it corrected the problem?
Yes a blown fuse would cause this so recollect the tcm and you should be good...........clear the code too.
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience: 24 Year Factory Trained and Certified