Paul
Paul, Lead Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Master Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Technician For 15 years
45607799

2000 Town & Country: front blower intermittently cuts off

2000 Town & Country - front blower intermittently cuts off. This happens on any speed setting (not just on high), and when it does, it may take 10 or more minutes before it will turn on again. Sometimes it happens after several minutes of operation, sometimes very shortly after turning it on. I thought about replacing the blower motor assembly, but since the motor runs very strong (when it's operating), I'm not sure that will solve the problem. Any suggestions?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Paul replied 4 years ago.
Hello...

Only way to tell for sure is to use a test light when the blower is not working. Disconnect the motor and connect the test light to the two terminals. If it lights its a blower motor problem if it doesn't the problem is before the blower motor.
Expert:  Paul replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Paul replied 4 years ago.
Let me know the results of the test.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, it only took about an hour for the silly fan to stop working today. (Usually, it's a lot quicker than that).

Once the fan stopped blowing, I pulled the connector to the blower assembly and measured 13.5 V (the van was running), so I presume that means the blower assembly is the problem? I'm a little confused as to how the blower can be intermittent like this. It actually starts to slow down before it finally gives up altogether. That's not normal behavior for an electric motor. Is there more to the assembly than just a motor and fan?

Expert:  Paul replied 4 years ago.
If you checked between the two terminals and have voltage then you need a new blower motor.
Paul, Lead Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certified, Master Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Technician For 15 years