Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser: headlamp..wasnt light bulb

Just changed my left headlamp bulb on my 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser because it wasn't working. With the new light bulb in, it still isn't working. Why? By the way, I bought the same exact bulb type of bulb that was already on the car.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Daryl replied 6 years ago.
These have a module that controls the head light system, if a bulb goes out the module needs to be reset/clear codes using a scan tool, this is one possibility, if the clearing of the codes does not help the problem the TIPM module may be bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I reset the module or how can I get it reset? If the module is bad, how can I get it repaired?
Expert:  Daryl replied 6 years ago.
This module will need to be reset/ code cleared using a scan tool, your best bet is to get this done at the dealer, if the module is bad the dealer is also you best choice because it will need to be programmed if it is replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
about how much do you think it will cost? can i only get this done at a chrysler dealer?
Expert:  Daryl replied 6 years ago.

If it just needs the codes cleared that would probably be around 120.00 or so, I do not have the pricing on the module itself but it will be pretty expensive maybe 4-500.00. The dealer is your best bet to get this done but there are other independent shops that have the scan tool to do this but the probably has the best equipment for this procedure. (I work for a independent shop so I am not influenced by the dealership)