Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1993 chrysler new yorker: security light..wiring..alarm..blinkers are

i have an 1993 chysler newyorker solon the car has ben sitting for a year and the security light is blinking after the battery is charged the remote is not working trying to disarm security sytem need schematics for wiring or is there another way to disarm the alarm it is preventing the car from starting its blinks on and off like the blinkers are on
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Hello!

Try unlocking the vehicle with all the doors. If the VTA does not disarm, momentarily ground the LG/OR or DG/OR at the VTA module. If the vehicle is now disarmed, the problem is in the wiring to the key lock switches or all the switches are bad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when you say unlock all of the doors what do you mean when i stick the key in the door on both sides to unlock the car the security stays on were will i find the vta module in the new yorker
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

YES... try unlocking all of the doors manually.

REPLACEMENT

1. Remove lower right instrument panel silencer.
  2. Remove glove box assembly.
  3. Remove three attaching screws mounting the bracket to instrument panel.
  4. Lower bracket and module assembly, to disconnect wire connectors.
  5. Remove the Remote keyless module so to have access to the Security Module two screws attaching module to bracket.
  6. For installation reverse above procedures.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok th vta is behind the glove box ok thats funny cause i can hear it ticking behind the glove box when you say short the wire is their wire harness were the wire runs into the vta and it has to be spliced or is there a conecter that the wires runs into if so how do i short the vta out and will that solve the problem and while im taking the vta aloose can the keyless receiver module be replaced

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

No... the wire you want to ground at the module is the the LG/OR or DG/OR. You leave everything still connected and just tap into this wire. if you can gain access to the connector that goes into this module, just back probe this wire cavity.

I am not saying this will take care of your problem. We are in the testing stages right now. We need to see if this will disarm your alarm system.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wheni back probe the wire the wire i back probe it to it should be grounded ot to any metel then jus punture the lg/or dg/or wire that should short it out
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
You got it!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the lg/or dg/or wire a hot wire and ounce i find out the problem is there away just to disarm the sytem to start the car meaing ounce its shorted will this last long enough to crank the car or itjust lead me in the direction to see were the problem is coming from ok last thing i have those aligater clip wire can i put a pin in one side and clamp the other on some metal to ground then probe the wire thanks
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

That would be correct... I don't believe this is a permanent fix. THis is just a temporary solution to figure out the problem.

You can pierce the wire to ground it or just simply back probe the harness connector in the cavity with that wire.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry i was saying ounce instead of once but your saying there no temporary fix just so i can get the car started and when you say the wiring to the door lock switch is bad could that be a short or the whole switch is bad i was asking you about the keyless receiver module can that be replaced also because when i unlock the car from the remote it doesnt work
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Hello!

SOrry for the miscommunication. I think it would be easier for us if we handled one question at a time.

I cannot give you an answer on if there i no temporary fix or not because we have not decided or diagnosed the problem as of yet... we don't know what is wrong.

Usually there is no a temporary fix for these things... there is usually no reset button... otherwise a car jacker would just hit the reset button and be on his way with your car.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yeah your right i t just i have to move the car but ill start on this first and let you know how that goes
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Sounds good!

I hope this helps! Please don't forget to hit the "accept" button if you have found my answer helpful. You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

REGARDS

AMEDEE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I TRIED WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND IT DISARMED THE VTA WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS SHOULD I DISMANTEL THE DOOR PANALS TO CHECK THE WIRING TO THE DOORS OR OR REPLACE THE DOOR LOCKS I ALSO UNPLUGED THE VTA AND REMOTE ENTRY RECEIVER WILL THIS PREVENT THE CAR FROM CRANKING THE CAR HAS BEN SITTING FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

EXCELLENT!

GLad to hear it is disarmed!

I am not sure about unplugging the remote entry. I am not sure if this will cause a no start condition or not. You are just going to have to give it a try.

I honestly would inspect the wiring and the door lock before replacing anything. It could be something as simple as an open wire or all bad door locks.

I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your vehicles condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer, in order that I may receive credit for my time, thanks. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

Please Note: I receive ZERO Credit until & unless you choose to ACCEPT my well thought-out Answer.

REGARDS

AMEDEE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i will exept the answer but answer me this if in fact it is the lock and not the wiring and the part can not be bought what could i do to bypass thisproblem

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the delay!

Depending on how the system works, you might be able to just connect these two wires together or short them to ground to give the module a signal. It would be the same signal from the door locks. Basically, you are just cheating or pretending that it is the door lock is being open with the key. You are just fooling the module. You are just rigging the system to make it look like the door locks are being unlocked. Does that make sense?

Edited by AMEDEE on 8/10/2010 at 10:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mumtaz thank you which to wires
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a electronic or a mechanical cluster?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have a mechanical cluster it just speedometer regular kind realy dont want to junk this car cause it runs good i called the dealer he said some parts you cant get they only go ten years back sorry for delay
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Ok.. here is the complete set if diagrams for your door locks. These are the wires I am talking about.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i want to thank you again you realy pulled out all stops i really apreciate that reply so i can accept do you thin these cars can be restored newyorker
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.

Hello!

Sounds good.... Please let me know if you have any further questions...

Have a great day!

Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector