a dodgetech
a dodgetech, Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Tech 10+ Years of A/C and Electrical and Body Mechanical
17611435

1999 chrysler: 3.8 DTC code P1776 and P0700..PCM..haynes..engine rpm

1999 chrysler town and country mini van 3.8 DTC code P1776 and P0700 were removed from the PCM my haynes code book says, code P0700, the eatx controller DCT present. No code in my book for P1776. Problem is the engine rpm is up but the speed of the vehicle isn't. 3000 RPM, 40 mph. I have tried to locate the eatx controller but can't locate any information on same.... Thanks Stanley
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  a dodgetech replied 4 years ago.

TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE

Do not interchange Transmission Control Modules with previous year transmission control modules. If a same year TCM is being used from a different vehicle, the following procedures must be performed:

• Quick Learn Procedure
  • Electronic Pinion Procedure

The Transmission Control Module is located on the right fender inner panel, in the engine compartment. It is held in place by four mounting screws.

NOTE: If the Transmission Control Module has been replaced, the following procedures must be performed:

• Quick Learn Procedure: This procedure will allow the transmission control module to learn the characteristics of the vehicle.
  • Electronic Pinion Factor Procedure: This procedure will reprogram the TCM to compensate for different tire sizes and final drive ratios.

a dodgetech, Technician
Experience: Chrysler Master Tech 10+ Years of A/C and Electrical and Body Mechanical
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would the codes relate to transmissiom problem or controller problem. Everthing is original no swap out. Chrysler have had a "limp home mode" for years for certain problems.

Symptom:

P1776-SOLENOID SWITCH LATCHED IN L-R POSITION

When Monitored and Set Condition:

POSSIBLE CAUSES

CHECKING SYMPTOMS AND POSSIBLE CAUSES

LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE CAUSING SYMPTOM

TRANSMISSION PAN HAS EXCESS DEBRIS

DEBRIS IN PAN CAUSED VALVE BODY DAMAGE

INTERMITTENT CODE P1776

I would have the transmission serviced fluid and filter changed and see if that solves the problem..First check the battery condition. just because it starts dont mean that the battery is good it should be load tested. any auto parts store will do this for you free.