THis is the removable and repacement procedure from alldata.
The battery is accessible without removing the left front wheel and tire assembly..
1. Verify that the ignition switch and all accessories are OFF.
2. Turn the steering wheel to the full left position.
3. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post. WARNING: NEVER GET UNDER A LIFTED VEHICLE IF NOT SUPPORTED PROPERLY ON SAFETY STANDS.
4. Remove battery splash shield.
5. Disconnect the heater blanket cord, if equipped.
6. Remove the short bolt from the battery hold down and remove the hold down.
7. Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables from the battery.
8. Slide the battery toward rear of vehicle and lift out of the battery tray.
9. Remove battery from vehicle.
1. Position the battery in the battery tray.
2. Connect the positive and negative battery cables. Torque to 16 Nm (150 in. lbs.) .
3. Connect the heater blanket cord, if equipped.
4. Install the battery hold down and install the hold down bolt. Torque to 16 Nm (150 in. lbs.) .
5. Install battery splash shield.
6. Connect the negative battery cable.