Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/ Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

how do you remove the back seat in 1999 sebring convertiab

Customer Question

how do you remove the back seat in 1999 sebring convertiable
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer welcome to Just Answer!.

The seat bottom is held in place by a fastener at each side below the front portion of the seat base, about 12" from the door. They pop out when the seat is pried upward and pop back in using force to push them down. The rear of the seat is simply tucked in between the car's floor pan and the vertical seat back, so just pull forward once both front clips are lifted.

If you need to remove the seat back, you must first remove the seat base to expose two nuts that fasten the seat back to the floor pan. Remove these nuts (17 or 19mm...I forget) and the pull the seat back upward to disengage the clips at the rear of the unit. Then just lift and pull it out. Seat belts will get in your way, but that's all that remains to be fought at that point.

Thanks,

Ed

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have tried to pull up bottom cushion but it won't come loose do you have to move it foward or backward or pry it up cause i don't want to ruin seat

That was a wise move on your part... I sent you bad info! =/

These seats use a "push down and back" method of removal. You actually have to push the seat body down to begin with while also pushing backward to disengage the seat loop from the body hook.

Installation is the reverse of course.

So sorry for the mistake!

Ed