Vipertech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  11 years of Factory Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler training

2008 Chrysler 300: key turns..All the lights come on.

My 2008 Chrysler 300 would not start this morning. The key turns but no ignition sound at all.

All the lights come on. The car was in park and has gas in it. The steering wheel is locked in place, so the is recognizing that its in park. What could be the problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vipertech replied 6 years ago.

Good evening, chances are that the WCM (wireless control module) is locked up. The WCM is where the key is actually inserted in the dash. What I recommend is to open the truck and pull up the false floor cover and gain access to the battery. Then disconnect both battery cables and hold the ends together for about 2 minutes and then reconnect. This will cause all the control modules to reboot from scratch. If this works, the vehicle should then start.......which would mean possible WCM replacement. Try this and if any other issues then let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not sure what you mean by holding "the ends together" before I reconnect the cables. Once I disconnect them, and they are apart, specify the next step, please. Thanks.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 6 years ago.

Unbolt the cables from the battery....the ends that are no longer attached (cable ends)....hold them together for 2 minutes. Make sure the cable ends touch each other.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Understood. Thanks. I will pay now, and try this in the morning. The car is not at my house right now but at a shopping center parking lot, and I won't have someone to drive me there till morning. Thanks.
Expert:  Vipertech replied 6 years ago.

Thank you.