ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience:  ase master/factory certified/and automotive instructor
14457476

1999 town and country van, Rt rear window stuck in the open position

1999 town and country van, Rt rear window stuck in the open position. Is there a manual way to close that window or what is involved in getting to that motor to replace it. I dont care if the window works anymore. I just need to get it closed because of rain.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 6 years ago.
is that the rear quarter panel window? is supposed to swing open just for venting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. It is operated by the control at the drivers door. One for each side.
oak, the problem is the actuator has seized and needs replacing the only thing you can do is to remove the quarter panel on the side and remove the actuators screws holding the actuator to the body and then the glass will close., you can also remove the glass from the actuators arm the glass will be free to close, you need the actuator motor replace to fix this problem. let me see if i can get you a better instructions for removal i will be back.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does the quarter panel just snap off and what is the approximate price of activator.
yes it does and the price of an actuator is 57$ at a regular napa store and aprox85$at the dealer