Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

I have a 2005 chrysler crossfire. The blower motor for the

I have a 2005 chrysler crossfire. The blower motor for the heat and a/c works on and off. Sometimes when I get in the car the motor will work fine and other times it will not work at all and then after driving for several minutes it will begin to work sometimes it will not work at all. The a/c and the heat blow very cold and hot when the blower is working. I checked the fuses and they are good. Can you help me?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

Most likely you have an overheated connection for the blower motor resistor. I've seen this a couple of times on these and that would explain why it works sometimes and not others. The resistor can be located under the dash on the passenger side.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The resistor, is it simply a unplug old and plug in the new? Is it located behind the glove box? How do I get to it? is the proper name for the part the blower motor resistor?

Thank you you have been very helpful

Once you access the resistor, it is just a simple change out. You have to work from under the dash and remove a door from the bottom of the heater box. The are 2 slide catches that slide to the side in order to remove this door.

Once you swing the door down out of the way the resistor is right there held in with just 2 screws.

Yes, it's called a blower motor resistor.