Richard, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

2002 chrysler Town and country the dash lights have gone out.

2002 chrysler Town and country the dash lights have gone out. I have tried to adjust the dial on the left by the light switch but no response. I looked in the fuse box under the hood but there is not a fuse for the dash lights in there. Can you tell me where this fuse is?Thank you,
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The dash illumination lights are controlled by the body control module. The BCM receives an input from the switch and it operates the illumination lights according to the switch position. There is a technical service bulletin that pertain to dash illumination lights and it involves reprogramming the body control module with new software to get rid of the glitch in the panel dimming circuit. When the BCM sees a short in the circuit, it will turn off the lights until the problem is resolved.

Can you disconnect the battery for 1 minute and re-connect and see if the lights work?