Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2005 chrysler: I punctured the ac condensor..driven..I replace myself

I punctured the ac condensor on my 2005 chrysler town and country. Can it be driven? Also, can I replace myself?

YES... the vehicle can be driven but the AC will not work. YES... you can replace it yourself if you have the right tools and are mechanically inclined. But you may need to go to a shop to get the system recharged unless you can get your hands on a small sample or one time use AC system recharger kit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does the condensor only for the air conditioning or also for the transmission. The reason I ask is that it appears there are some lines running from the transmission to the front of the radiator where the condensor is located
The condenser is only for the AC system. SOmetimes there is a trans cooler in that area as well.... but if its only the condenser that has a whole in it, then just replace the condenser.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I find instructions on replacing? Also, how do I know the difference between the ac condensor and the trans cooler?
I believe if you go to you can purchase info for your vehicle on how to replace parts (and all sorts of other info) for just a few bucks.

Just follow the AC lines and they will go to the condenser. The Trans cooler will have transmission lines going to them. Most likely rubber lines.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Looks like that lines run on both sides to this condensor. One side there is two lines running from the transmission and on the passenger side running from the ac. Is there a scenarior where it is a combination trans cooler and ac condensor?
NO... the condenser and trans cooler are separate