sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler 300m: the thermostat under the intake

how to change a thermostat on chrysler 300m 2001, 3.5ltr. is the thermostat under the intake
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What kind of problems are you having?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i don't need a medical response I need a mechanic to tell me how to replace a thermostat on a chrylsler 300m car
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The temp guage is erratic usually runs normal guage climbs into red zone then drops back to normal. Is thermostat under intake.

The thermostat is on the inlet side of your cooling system.

Support your car and slide underneath. Follow the bottom radiator hose from the radiator to the engine. You will find the thermostat housing where the lower hose meets the engine.

To remove the thermostat housing disconnect the electrical connectors from the power steering pressure switch and the oil pressure sending unit. This will give more clearance to work.

Drain the cooling system.

Remove the lower radiator hose from the thermostat housing, along with the smaller heater hose.

Then you can remove the bolts that hold the thermostat housing and remove it from the block and remove the thermostat from the housing.

It calls for 1.3 hours to replace your thermostat. When you are done be sure to use HOAT coolant, not green, "universal", or DexCool. These aren't compatible and will cause you problems down the road.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accept your answer. I only want this to be a one time charge on my credit card

If you don't add any more funds to your JA account or Accept more than one answer then you wouldn't receive any more charges.

Good luck with your car!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you........

You're welcome!