Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair. Chrysler Certified

2006 chrysler pacifica touring: abs..brake light..the harness

I have a 2006 chrysler pacifica touring...the abs, traction and brake light flash and the car makes a dinging is sporadic and does not follow any pattern...although when it rains it will definately acts up... as it progresses i get a cracking feedback through the radio,,, it has progressed to stalling out if i am idle and have ANY feature running such as cd player, a/c, radio, windshield wipers etc... if i turn off the vehicle it stops for a period and returns to the flashing lights and dinging noise much later... i have taken it to the conyers chrysler dealership 4 different times(that is another issue...) they have replace a wire that came out of the harness and replaced the cpu...the problem still remains..sometimes everyday sometimes once a week...again now it has progressed to stalling out....singed very frustrated and unhappy...
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 6 years ago.
Hello: From what you are saying, and what has ben done.I think the issue you are having ,points right to the charging system,Yes, The issue is the slightly on the weak side.If the charging system cant keep-up to demand,It will cause this type of issue (seen it before) Even if they test your battery,and it tests good,and they test the charging system and it tests good,It has to be verified when the issue is happening,Follow me!What I am saying here is it may all test good when al is good, but an alternator can mal-function at certian speeds/conditions etc.Then causing this type of issue,11.9 volts and less will cause an issue with these vehicles. Thanks Please let me know how it goes for you!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello sir,

I just replaced the alternator, the tech drove it for an hour...I drove it for 45 minutes and no problems....Just got into it to go to lunch and the problem came back...going to have the computer reset...will this help? is resetting the computer giving it a fresh slate...or do we have another issue other than the alternator?

please advise

tired of my chrysler

Providing the alt.that was just replaced,is not defective,(bad part) Then They need to take a strong look at the wiring/wiring connections! Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

took the auto to a specialist...was loosing connection...went behind steering column and fixed problem...YEAH!

now i have clicking noise, not when steering, when driving mostly at slower speeds when the gear shifts...had oil changed and technician thought that it may be when the oil is changed it will lubricate the lifts?? oil change, front end alignment and new tires...still clicks random

happy first problem is major problems...other than I HATE CHRYSLERS NOW...