John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.

2006 Chrysler: gas periodically when accelerating..20 mph

about 6 months ago my 2006 Chrysler 2.4 seemed to starve for gas periodically when accelerating. Then recently started doing this again. When accelerating the car seems to starve at 20 mph. I can slowly get up to about 63 mph then the car seems to starve if I try to go any faster. I'm not sure if this is a fuel pump problem or perhaps needs only a filter or if this car even has a fuel filter. Any advice?
Hi my name is john.

Have you check the transmission fluid when it warm to see if it full?

Is the check engine light on?

This year doesn't have a fuel filter.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I checked the transmisson fluid, it was low. While hot the level was at the cold marks. I put approx. 8 oz in and believe it's now in the hot level. It's hard to tell and trying not to over fill.

The check engine light is currently on even though it's running fine today. It goes off for a long time then will come on periodically. But I noticed definately came on when the car started acting this way (seems to be starving for fuel). Even though the light is on the car seems to run fine and will eventually go off. But the light will defininatley go on when this problem is present.
Try cycling the key ON OFF ON OFF ON with in 5 seconds and look at the display on the cluster for a p code number.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
P code number is XXXXX
After the messge "done" appreared.
That is for the camshaft position sensor.

Here the test and how to replace it,

Let me know what else you like to know,If I have help you,please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To make sure I understand correctly; the sensor is causing the car to act this way? If I don't fix soon will the problem get worse to the point of total breakdown?

Is there a way you can send the directions to fix this to me as a PDF attachment or a format that I can enlarge and print?
If the cam or crank sensor completely goes out the engine will not start at all.You don't seem to have a transmission code.
Click here
Click here
Click here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I'll give it a try. If there's a way to let you know if this is successful let me know. Either way I like the service you provide and like how you get to the point.

Thanks John!
Your welcome, let me know what else you need.

Thank you