Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

2002 chrysler: my cd changer lights are flashing..country limited

Customer Question

my cd changer lights are flashing on my 2002 chrysler town and country limited edition why?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 years ago.

RADIO:

The Flashing Lights is a typical problem on this unit. It usually means the Unit is defective & needs to be Repaired or Exchanged, as the Logic IC or a couple of Diodes need replacing.
Est $245.00 - 385.00 depending on Shop & Parts
You may be able to find the same unit on-line, E-Bay, etc.
TRY:
Remove Radio & unplug for apprx 5 minutes

A/C:
You need to check voltage on both sides of Fuses 10 & 12 with Key On
If Fuses are good, then you may have a DATA or Control problem

Use of Dealer DRB III scan tool to diagnose the A/C system control and distribution systems would be the best.

If there is power, you may want to try this test:

Manual Temperature Control
The front blower speed and rear blower speed (if equipped with rear HVAC) must be set to High and the evaporator temperature sensor must be greater than 55 °F or the test will fail immediately. The test is activated by depressing the A/C and PWR buttons simultaneously and holding them depressed for no less than five seconds . The PWR and A/C LEDs will blink ON and OFF until the test is complete. If the LEDs stop blinking before two minutes , then the cool down test has been completed successfully If the two minutes expire without the expansion valve temperature reaching 20 °F less than the outside air temperature, then the cool down test has been failed and further A/C system diagnosis is required. If the test is failed, the LEDs will continue to blink until the vehicle has been driven for greater than (8 miles ).

Automatic Temperature Control
The ambient air temperature in the room where the vehicle will be tested must be a minimum of 21 °C (70 °F) for this test. The test is activated by depressing the A/C and PWR buttons simultaneously and holding them depressed for no less than four seconds . The snowflake icon and the DELAY text in the ATC display will blink ON and OFF alternately until the test is complete. If the snowflake icon and the DELAY text stop blinking before two minutes , then the cool down test has been completed successfully If the two minutes expire without the evaporator temperature reaching 20 °F less than the evaporator initial temperature, then the cool down test has been failed and further A/C system diagnosis is required. If the test is failed, the snowflake icon and the DELAY text will continue to blink across ignition cycles until the vehicle has been driven for greater than (8 miles ).