quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+years of chrysler dealership experience

2007 PT Cruiser: windshield wipers..the fuse box (where is it

I have 2007 PT Cruiser and the windshield wipers will not turn off. I cannot find the fuse box (where is it) and don't know which fuse would be the one to take out. I don't have the money right now to fix it and I have taken off the wipers and pulled up the wiper holders top stop the schreeing noise everytime the blades go accross the dry glass. Any suggestions? I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes(dealer told me to do this) to reset the computer but that didn't work. I am a single mom working two jobs- any help to cut down the cost would be appreciated. I figure I can take the fuse out when the wipers aren't needed until I can save the money for the repair. Help!

hello, unfortunately there is no fuse or relay in the wiper system that you'll be able to remove to disable the wiper system. the problem your experiencing is probable to be a bad wiper switch unfortunately with these newer electrical systems they started using alot more computer electronics and did away with relays and fuses for alot of different circuits.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does fixing the switch costs a lot of money? That is do they have to tear out the steering column to get to the switch or is a fairly simple repair?
Its a fairly simple repair , the steering column does not have to
come out, only the column covers need to be removed. The whole repair
parts and labor should cost approx. $100 -$200. I assume that your pt is out of the
3year 36000 mile factory warranty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is out of warranty. Thank you so much for your help. I feel a little better now that I am not looking at $600-$700 for the repair.
No problem. Glad I could help