brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

What is an ASD relay?

Customer Question

What is an "ASD" relay?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.

The auto shut down (ASD) relay is located on the fender under the hood.

See diagram B

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did find the ASD relay and found it in a n/o position I by-passed the relay and it switched on a control to the EGR valve and I still have no spark, any ideas?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
I see you replaced the distributor......did you also replace the crank sensor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i didnt replace the crank sensor
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
There are only a few things that control the spark.....the distributor, crank sensor, and computer. With the distributor being replaced I suggest doing the crank sensor next.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
why would we get no error codes when scanning it comes up o codes
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Many times you wont get a code when the sensor goes or the computer is failing. If you have a scan tool you can watch the out put of the sensor to see if it is working.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok got the car started but then went to start it later and would not start unhooked the pcu with the key turned and plugedit back in andthe car will start if i dont turn the key to start it wont start
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Can you try and explain that again.....sorry just having a hard time understanding that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok if you have the key turned on the on postion and take and put the puc and unplug it and put it back in the car will start. so later i went to start cat and nothing unplugged the puc with out the key on starting postion and wont start. put if you have it turned over to on it will start
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Hang on I'm going to see if I can get another expert to help as I just am not following you