Richard, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  Over 22 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

How do I replace an EGR valve for a 2006 Town and Country 3.3

How do I replace an EGR valve for a 2006 Town and Country 3.3 ltr
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The first thing you need to do is disconnect the battery!

-Remove the plastic belt splash shield from under the van.

-Remove the serpentine belt by putting an open end wrench on the belt tensioner lug and rotating the belt tensioner counter clockwise so the belt can be removed from the alternator. There is no need to remove the belt completely, just take it off the alternator!

-Remove the 3 alternator mounting bolts and move the alternator out of the way so you can easily access the EGR bolts.

-Remove the 2 EGR bolts that hold the EGR to the cyl head and remove the 2 tube bolts and remove the valve.

To install just reverse this procedure!

It would be a good idea to have a helper around to remove and install the belt!

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you show me a diagram?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
I'll see what I can find for you! Give me a 15 minutes!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I hate to pay $400 when the part is less than $100. I will accept your answer when I have the diagram. I hope you understand as this is not covered by my extended warranty and I can't afford the dealer price.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

I totally understand! Let me know if these don't come through! These are the only pictures I can find and I hope it helps you! The top image is a picture of moving the alternator, the second image is the belt tensioner, the third image is the EGR valve and tube, the fourth is the EGR valve gasket and the last image is the belt shield!

Thanks,

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Edited by DODGETECH2875 on 3/21/2010 at 4:51 AM EST
Richard, Chrysler Technician
Experience: Over 22 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.