Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

1996 Chrysler Cirrus: coil..electrical..wiring..the distributor and it

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus with no spark. I have tried two new distributors but still have no power to the coil. I have the original Chrysler electrical manual and tested the wiring from the computer to the distributor and it tested fine. According to the book the distributor is bad. It has a new computer and new crank censor. It has a 2.5 liter V6. Any suggestions??
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

This might be a dumb question, but does the dist rotor turn when the engine is rotating?

You've stated....."no power to the coil"..........and that the wiring is fine?

Seems to be something wrong with that description or can you elaborate.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The motor turns over. I have fuel and injector pulse but no fire. I checked the wiring according to the chrysler manuel and even pulled the wiring apart and put different plug ends from another car on but with the same result. By checking wires i mean checked continuity.

Check for a 1.5-2.5 volt signal on ignition coil driver pin 6 of the C2 connector at the distributor while cranking. If present the Coil must be replaced. The coil is serviced as part of the distributor. If this signal is not present then further diagnosis is required.