b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer
13235514

How to fix pt cruiser dash lights out

how to fix pt cruiser dash lights out
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
are all the lights out or just a few?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
speedometer, tachometer, and maybe one more
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
ok the lights just screw into the back of the instrument cluster so you will need to remove the instrument cluster to access the bulbs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how to remove the instrument cluster?

Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
there are two screws at the top of the bezel that surrounds the cluster remove those two screws and then remove the bezel once the bezel is out there will be 4 screws holding the cluster in remove those screws and the pull the cluster out towards the steering wheel and disconnect the electrical connector and then the cluster can be removed the rest of the way to get to the bulbs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there are no screws on my instrument panel at all
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
there should be two on the bezel that go from the cluster up into the dash if not try just pulling out on the bezel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no screws and the bezel wont budge
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
ok your 2007 is different you need to first remove the instrument panel top cover it is just held on by clips you nay also need to remove the a pillar trim to get the top cover off
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is a pillar trim
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
the trim next to the winsheild that goes down to the dash
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you know where i can find a diagram

Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.

see if this pic helps at all

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you know a secret to get this off easily without breaking the clips?
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
use a small screwdriver and gently pry up try to pry as close to the clips as you can
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
cant tell from the picture exactly the clips are located
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
sorry that is the best pic i can find of it best thing to do is try to get a few loose and then you will be able to see underneath with a flashlight to see where the rest are
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
no problem
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer