sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

How do you reset the factory anti theft on an 06 chrysler 300

how do you reset the factory anti theft on an 06 chrysler 300
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What kind of problems are you having?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
heres what happened....
car is running,parked and at idle. i got out (driver side)and got something out of my trk.got back in and the radio is off, buzzer is going off, and the abs, airbag , and no dash guages are frozen. called local dodge dealer, and the fob reset and the key n the door. any suggestions
The car still starts and runs ok?

Were you having any problems leading up to this?

Has any recent work been done to the car?

Do you have any kind of remote start or alarm on the car?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no problems, no wrk done, it has the factory fob key

Let's try disconnecting the battery and see what happens. You've definitely got an odd chain of events there. The battery is in the trunk. Open the trunk and pull up the lower panel and you'll find the battery on the right side in the rear. With the key turned completely off disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and then reconnect it and see if the problems go away.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do you open it? the fob and button dont do it.

Try pushing the button on the dash with the key in the on position. If that doesn't work then you can go in through the back seat. If you lay the seat down you can crawl through and grab the glow in the dark emergency release handle on the trunk to open it from the inside.

Do the power door locks an interior lights work ok?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
all electronics are nonfunctional, except for the panic button it wrks. interior lights stay on all the time now

But the engine still starts and runs?

Do you have nice bright headlights?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
with the key on yes, but no active dash.

Let's try disconnecting the battery and see if that helps, but it may not. If that doesn't help I think our next step would be to do some electrical testing with a voltmeter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
brb n opening trunk and disconnecting bat

Ok.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that got it! battery voltage is a 12.2 vdc right now. the dome lights were on for two hours.any ideas on what would cause it to go into theft mode??
That sounds like the load shed function. Factory security works by letting the engine start and then shutting off the fuel injectors to kill the engine, it can't affect any other functions.

What happened was it sounds like the car went into load shed programming because the lights were left on. As the battery voltage drops farther and farther different unnecessary functions will start to be locked out to save battery voltage. Heated seats, things like that are the first to be disabled first. It sounds like your car was either in load shed or the very low battery voltage caused some modules to get confused, something that can happen when they don't have enough power to power up properly. It sounds like you should be ok once the car has ran for a bit and the battery gets charged back up. 12.2 is a little low, but once it's ran for a while it should come back.
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist