David Dill
David Dill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years as Technician, 14 years with Chrysler Group LLC

PT cruiser: 2005 convertible radio doesnt do anything...goes

Customer Question

PT cruiser 2005 convertible radio doesn't do anything...goes on but just static. help. thanks beth
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  David Dill replied 6 years ago.

No reception in either am or fm sounds like an antennae problem. The first thing to do is remove the radio and check the connection at the back. If you find that it is connected there is another connection to check farther down the cable. You should find that at the passenger fender area from the inside of the car. Remove the side panel at the passenger floor area to expose the cable.

If that proved good then install a known good ant. and recheck the reception.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi and thanks,

I can't take the car apart I just got the car and a woman who knows nothing about cars. can you give me any moor advice. I thinkit may have something to do with the program pty and no pty mode seek scan?????? thanks beth

I'm sorry, no reception is some type of ant. issue and will require some investigation to determine why. The PTY feature has no bearing on why there is no reception.