Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

2003 Chrysler: the Climate motor..passenger..vent

I own a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country and the Climate Control is not working properly. The fan motor is on continuously without the power being on to the dash control for the climate control. The fan seems to blow air out the bottom of the passenger floor vent. When power is turned on to the dash control you can now use the climate controls. The climate controls have been acting very wierd for some time now, however, the continuous running of the fan motor is recent.
Thanks for choosing JustAnswer.
My name is Valdimir.
Is your climat control manual or automatic?
Please reply back to this thread.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The climate control is automatic and can also be set manually. There is a setting to control the driver, passenger and the back of the van. Each person can set the climate control for their area independent of everyone else.
There is a blower motor power module that controls the blower motor speeds. This module is located behind the glove box and it is secured by 2 screws to the
AC-Evaporator housing.
When the power module fails, you can either have no blower operation or it works all the time even with the control panel OFF.
Here is the part number : 5179985AA .
Let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would this be causing the Climate Control to blow cold air in the floor vent on the passenger side of the car even when the warm/hot air is on? This has been going on for several months. The blower staying on without turning on the climate control just happened recently.
No, this module will fix your blower motor issue , but no the temperature.
Regarding the temperature control, it could be a blend door actuator failure. It has to be diagnosed with a scan tool to confirm my supposition.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would these two symptoms be related?
No, the only common things for these symptoms are your car and AC/Heater system.
The power module behind the glove box just controls the speed of the blower motor.
There are several actuators that control air flow, temperature and recirculation mode.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is this replacement part something I can change out myself? And if so, where do you recommend I order the replacement Blower Motor Power Module?

Yes sir, you can replace it yourself. Open and then flip down the glovebox and you will see that module secured by two 8mm screws . Just re-read my first answer with the pictures..
You can purchase this part at your dealer store or order it online : CLICK HERE.
Let me know if you need more assitance.