sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler voyager van 2002 . my car heater blower is not turning on ..

i have chrysler voyager van 2002 . my car heater blower is not turning on ..power button is on
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for your blower motor not turning on would be a bad blower motor resistor. This is what steps down the available current to the blower motor to give you the different speeds. When the resistor fails the most common symptoms are the blower motor only working on high or not working at all.

The resistor is mounted to the heater box directly behind the glovebox door, easy to access and replace. It's a cheap and easy repair. To know if that is the problem for sure you would have to do some simple testing with a voltmeter or test light.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have a voltmeter or test light. blower does not work at all..
If you don't have any test equipment you are pretty safe just replacing the resistor. It's a pretty common failure. There are always other possibilities but the resistor is most common.