Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics

2006 Chrysler: 3.8L..check engine light..autozone..Fan relay circuit

Customer Question

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 3.8L threw a check engine light, Autozone referenced the error to # XXXXX " Fan relay circuit" a part that had to be special ordered. it has a 4 prong connector and the relay it is supposed to replace has a 3 prong smaller connector ( new one does not fit). Any ideas what to do next? every store has the same 4 prong connector to replace the OEM 3 prong.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

This is a pretty common Chrysler problem. First off- AutoZone is notorious for suppling the wrong parts. I would recommend going directly to the dealer. The Dealer will actually have the "upgraded" version in stock.

The radiator fan relay is a solid state type and is located on the front bumper reinforcement.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think we were looking at the wrong relay ( by power steering) this should help, thanks if not I will email you again
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Ahhh. Once again, the AutoZone people strike again. The image I sent above is the CORRECT relay your trying to replace for P0480. Like I say, VERY common Chrysler problem. Might I suggest you go to a local NAPA parts store (if the Dealer isnt accessable) and try again... i bet the results are different!