Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2007 dodge grand caravan: the dome lights

the dome lights in my 2007 dodge grand caravan are both burned out. when I went to replace these I was told the part L6 PC579 was not available. The socket appears to be burned as there is brown area and a dark wire on one side of each. The parts dept said there is a new framework for the entire console for the front area. I have noticed a burning smell a couple of times recently. It seems resonable to me to suspect that this may be the cause. I have an appt to get this checked out ---should this not be a recall?? How can I go about contacting someone at Chrysler about this problem?? My vehicle is no longer under warranty> [email protected] Help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 7 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is no recall for this yet, but as new as it is, You can ask for a goodwill warranty on this, sometimes it takes contacting the district rep to get this done, but you must start with the dealer first, if you don't get satisfaction, then ask for an appointment with the district rep,Tim