jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master tech, 9 yr Chrysler Master Tech 13 years Chrysler Dealership service
16831211

2005 Town..dvds out of the 6 disc changer when it is not working

2005 Town and Country - is there a way to get dvds out of the 6 disc changer when it is not working (lights just keep flashing and won't eject discs)? I will replace the player soon but need to remove the discs today if possible to return one to the library.

Thanks much,
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 4 years ago.
The only thing I know to try is to unplug it, to rest it. Otherwise to will need to remove it and dissassemble. I did have one that would not eject the disc no way, and we had to send it back to the repair facility, and ask them to return the discs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean by "unplug it"? I have turned the car and player off and back on to no avail, but have not unplugged anything. Please advise.
You need to remove it, to unplug the wiring harness from the back of the DVD deck. Is yours in the dash, on on the back of the center console?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's the T&C limited if that helps. Location wise is in the center below the GPS, radio and heat/AC controls and just above the slide-out cup holder. I assume it's considered in the dash since the entire section is attached to the dash? But again it is in the center if that's what you mean by center console.

Yours is in the dash; the ones that are in the center console, are almost behind the seat mounted into th center arm rest console.

OK, you will need to remove the trim from around the dvd deck, and remove it from the dash; unplug it for a few seconds, and plug it back in.I have seen many of these fail in the same way, and this procedure has, at least for the time being, saved about half. ( the deck will then work for a while again, until it locks up again)

Here is the procedure, and a few pic.s to get the deck out. ( some times the bezel, that is around the center row of items, is hard to get to pop loose; you will have to try to get something in behind it, to pull out,and without scratching the dash, or breaking the bezel.) Also, I rarely un hook the battery, as they say.

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Insert the trim stick (special tool #C-4755) or equivalent between access cover and center bezel gently pry outward.
  3. Carefully pry the access cover from the instrument panel (INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL).
  4. Remove the two center bezel attaching screws.
  5. Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry out on the edge of the instrument panel center bezel and pull outward.
  6. Disconnect the wire connectors to the accessory switches and HVAC control.
  7. Remove the instrument panel center bezel from the vehicle.

1 - LOWER INSTRUMENT PANEL
2 - INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL
3 - CUPHOLDER

Experience: 32 yr ASE Master tech, 9 yr Chrysler Master Tech 13 years Chrysler Dealership service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! I will give it a try.