Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics

Where is the thermostat located on a 2006 chrysler 300 3.5L 6cyl?

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

The thermostat is located on the left lower part of the engine. If you follow the lower radiator hose from the radiator to where it meets the engine, this is the thermostat housing.

• Drain cooling system.
  • Raise vehicle on hoist.
  • Disconnect electrical connectors from engine oil and power steering pressure switches.
  • Disconnect radiator and heater hoses from thermostat housing.
  • Remove thermostat housing bolts .
  • Remove housing, thermostat, and gasket. NOTE: The OEM thermostat is staked in place at the factory. To ensure proper seating of replacement thermostat, carefully remove the bulged metal from the thermostat housing using a suitable hand held grinder. It is not necessary to restake the replacement thermostat into the thermostat housing.
  • Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    Is this something I can reasonably do on my own? I've done minor repairs on most of my vehicles, i've just found fairly difficult to find anything for my 300 online. I've never had an issue finding diagrams for any of my other vehicles
    Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
    This is a job that can be done by an average guy without much trouble. The labor guide calls for 1.1hrs to complete the job. As for finging stuff online- the car companies are getting tighter with their info. Most of the Techs here have to subscribe monthly to an online service that allows us access to this info (hence the reason we ask to get paid for our time and diagnostic services)
    Customer: replied 6 years ago.
    Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX help.
    Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
    You're welcome. Glad I could help. Have a great day!