George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Need 2004 Chrysler Sebring Stereo Wiring Diagram

Customer Question

I am looking for a wiring diagram to the stereo in my 2004 chrysler sebring 2dr coupe. Can you help?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You have two possibilities; with or without amplifier

Here is the diagram without the amp

graphic

graphic

And the diagrams with the amp

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks! In addition to this, can you also provide me with a diagram that shows the purpose of all pins on c-10 and c-11? These do help, but they only show me the purpose of the wires going out from the amp. I did not know this car was factory amplified. I am installing a stereo and need to know the purpose of each wire going into the amp from c-10 and c-11. Thanks!
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

You do have the Amp?

Sorry there is no published function information as no field repairs are authorized by Chrysler. The tech in the field will verify harness integrity and connector tension and if the problem extends beyond that the unit is sent to a central repair facility so no functional information or diagnostic information is published beyond the harness diagrams.

This is a PDF of generic information that may or may noy not apply directly here. You should be able to get specific install information from the manufacturer of the equipment you are installing rather than looking for Chrysler information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am assuming it has the amp because this is a 7 speaker system w/ 2 tweeters and a center channel. The first set of diagrams you gave me only shows 6 speakers. the second set (amplified) has all seven. Since you are saying Chrysler has not authorized field repairs on this stereo, will I have problems installing an aftermarket stereo? I see this C-11 harness uses uses pins 7 and 4 for non audio purposes. Do you know what I would do with these wires since I will no longer be using these connectors?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have compared the diagrams you gave me to the wiring in the car and nothing matches up. Not even the power source. All pins and colors are completely different. If it matters, its an Infinity system. I dont know what to do at this point if the diagrams Chrysler provides you with are innacurate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was able to match up my wires with the schematics I found for the cars mitsubishi equivalent and the stratus coupe. Thanks for your time anyway man. Happy new year!
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Sorry that it appears that the diagrams published by Chrysler are not correct for your vehicle. It may be that the build date for your car was early or late and they never published a correction.

I'm glad you were able to get the sister diagrams