How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask brownjeff Your Own Question
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 13886
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
brownjeff is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

pt cruiser: my key..parking lot of high school..horn warning

Resolved Question:

locked my key in my pt cruiser (I hope that's where they are).in parking lot of high school where I teach. I don't want to call a locksmith without the key in my hand because the horn warning will go off until the battery dies. my since the battery died and was replaced the electronic key doesn't work. Can I purchase a key for that car from a dealer without having to do the electronic computerized resynchronizing?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
Yes you can get a key from a dealer for just a few dollars. Just tell them you need it to open the car only and not to start the vehicle and they can cut you a key with out a resistor in it. This key will unlock the door but will not start the vehicle. They will need the vin# XXXXX the vehicle (some dealers want a title or registration) and photo id. They want to make sure you are not stealing the vehicle!
brownjeff and other Chrysler Specialists are ready to help you