Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2006 chrysler town and country. I have removed the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chrysler town and country. I have removed the water pump after much trouble and am trying to now put in the new one but there is no room. To remove the old one I had to break the old water pump and obviously that wont work with the new one. What do I have to do to get the new one in?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
Hi my name is John.

When you install the water pump you need to have the pulley on the water pump loose, so you can push it back to bolt on the water pump. than bolt the pulley on last to the water pump.

Let me know what else you need.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
of course. I followed the chiltons manual to the T. the pulley is loose between the hub and the water pump body. the problem is there is no room for the water pump to go back in. like i said i had to pry the old one out and the propeller fins broke in doing so.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
graphic
graphic
You can pry the engine back a little bit with a pry bar .

It will go in there from the front.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
You should be able to pry the engine back just enogh to get the water pump in there.

Between the crank shaft pulley on the metal part and the lower front crossmenber.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok now we r getting somewhere. i thought of prying from where the water pump supposed to sit. is that where I pry from with a pry bar?
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
If you pry on like the bolt in the center of the pulley on the crankshaft and the frame you can move it back just enough.