David Dill
David Dill, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  19 years as Technician, 14 years with Chrysler Group LLC

Grand Voyager: I need to replace the Hood Release cable..93..Plymouth

I need to replace the Hood Release cable. But, since cable has broken, I can't get hood open. I have a '93 Plymouth Grand Voyager....any suggestions.
Montie Stewart
What is wrong with the cable? is the handle broken off inside the van?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the handle has broken and without it, I can't open hood to replace new cable...
Can you grab the cable from the inside?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no, can't seem to reach it......actually, it's my neighbor that was doing it for me. I'm car mechanics challanged. He tried using pliers and everything but can't get hood to open. Is there a latch or something to release near hood or somewhere so we can get hood to pop open.....PS, I'm a female and no nothing about cars....sorry...

I order to get the hood open there is a lever on the latch under the hood that the cable pulls to pop it open. If you can access that lever you will be able to get the hood open. Of course it is not in a very open spot because they didn't want just anyone being able to get under the hood. (The reason for the inside cable release) You might try removing the inside cable from the body inside to get a better grip on the broken portion of the cable to grab it with piers to try to open it.