Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

2007 Sebring: warning light comes..Im driving..brake fluid..master

The brake warning light comes on and a bell rings
periodically...whether I'm turning or going straight, or whether I'm driving slowly or fast..despite the correct amount of brake fluid in the master cylinder
in my 2007 Sebring. How do I have it fixed?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Chrysler. The red brake warning light has 2 purposes: 1 to tell you that there is a problem in the brake system (low fluid, etc.) and to also inform you that the parking brake lever is applied. The cause of this intermittent light coming on can be caused by a faulty brake fluid reservoir switch, a faulty park brake switch, or the wiring that goes to these switches is shorting out to ground some where (cut/rubbing on a bracket, pinched some where etc.) I recommend first starting with the fluid reservoir switch. Disconnect it at the brake fluid reservoir and then drive the vehicle to see if it still acts up. If it still does, then you will need to remove the center console and disconnect the park brake switch and inspect the wiring under the console. If the problem still exists, then more wiring harness inspections will be needed.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more assistance with this.