I have a 2007 dodge ram with 545rfe trans. I let the fluid get too low and had problem not working in reverse. I added fluid, worked for couple days. I changed both filters and flushed the tranny. now I have trouble light po736.truck wont go in reverse, wont kick into passing gear, no engine braking in 1st. could it be a sensor problem?
Year: 2007Make: DodgeModel: Ram 1500Engine: 5.7
change trans fluid and filters
Hi my name is John.techCONNECT Content
For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.
The transmission system uses two speed sensors, one to measure input rpm and one to measure output rpm. These inputs are essential for proper transmission operation. Therefore, the integrity of this data is verified through the following checks:
1) Once in a particular gear, if the gear ratio varies from the correct gear ratio, the corresponding in-gear trouble code is set (DTCs P0731-36 and P1736).
2) An excessive change in input or output speeds indicating signal intermittent which will result in the DTCs P0716 and/or P0721 being set.
3) If the common speed sensor ground circuit is lost, both sensor inputs will read the pulses from the input speed sensor when at a stop in neutral. Since the input speed sensor reads 60 teeth from the input clutch hub and the output speed sensor reads 30 teeth from the park gear, the result is an apparent speed ratio of 1:2 and may cause the DTC P1794 to set.
Continuously with the ignition on, engine running, and after the transmission has achieved the proper gear ratio.
If the ratio of the Input rpm to the Output rpm does not match the current gear ratio. This DTC can take up to five minutes of problem identification before illuminating the MIL
1. CHECK FOR RELATED DTCS
2. CHECK IF DTC IS CURRENT
CAUTION: Do not overheat the transmission.
3. CHECK EVENT DATA
4. POSSIBLE INTERNAL TRANSMISSION CAUSES
5. CLUTCH TEST FAILURE
6. CHECK FOR BROKEN REVERSE SUN GEAR WELD
7. CHECK REVERSE CARRIER HUB
8. CHECK FOR INTERMITTENT OPERATION
CAUTION: Removal of the Ignition Switch Feed fuse from the TIPM will prevent the vehicle from being started in gear.
WARNING: The Ignition Switch Feed fuse must be removed from the TIPM. Failure to do so can result in possible serious or fatal injury.
43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
The dealership has a software flash for the computer thaat might help also, the other thing you could try is have the dealership do a quick learn on the computer.