b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer

My daughter has a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. It is leaking oil,

My daughter has a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. It is leaking oil, apparently above the oil filter. They checked the oil plug, oil pan and oil pan gaskets--noleaks there.

Any ideas as to where the thing is leaking?

Your help would, as always, be much appreciated!

Sharon
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
which engine does the sebring have in it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My daughter says it is the smallest engine for the Sebring that year with 16 valves. Hope this helps.

If this is not what you need, how do we ascertain the engine type?

Sorry, you are dealing with a couple of women here who are clueless!
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
ok the only thing that is above the oil filter is the head gasket and valve cover gasket are the sure it is engine oil and not some other type of fluid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
pretty sure it is engine oil, as they put 3 quarts in today to observe leak. My daughter has worked on older cars (probably 20 years ago) and thinks it is engine oil.
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
ok the only other thing that is on the back of the engine that could leak oil is the oil pressure sending unit and we have had some issues with those leaking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Daughter says it appears to be leaking on the left side towards the bottom. Is this consistent with oil pressure sending unit?
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
yes
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer