John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
9510839

Spark plug wire placement on the distributor for a 440 engine

Customer Question

Spark plug wire placement on the distributor for a 440 engine in a 1977 Travco Motorhome
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is John.

Here you are Smile
The number 1 cylinder is on the left front of the engine (drivers side) the firing order is 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2, and the distributor runs in a "counter clockwise" direction

graphic
Let me know if you need more.

If I have help you,please push the accept button when were done.

Thank you for choosing just answer
John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience: 43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could you show me a diagram of the distributor and where the #1 wire goes . I know the firing order it was on the intake manifod.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
John I'm still waing for your reply
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The picture I send you shows the wire going from #1 cylinder to the dist cap already.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That picture is to small . If you could enlarge the picture that might help. are just draw a diagram show where the #1 hole on the distributor cap

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Here a different picture .

graphic

graphic
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

I hope this is big enough for you.

graphic

Edited by John on 10/28/2009 at 12:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

John ,

I hate to be a pain . But the picture is still to small . If you could just draw a diagram of the cap and # XXXXX plug wires . are tell me what book are manual too purchase ....Rod

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

John,

That will do it. Thank you so much. Sorry for being a pain ......Rod

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Do you want a manual for the RV or the engine?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
For Dodge Motorhome chassis manuals you might try ebay for the cheapest price.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

John,

I want to thank you for going the extra mile.

Thanks,

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome,

Thank you