moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp
13195827

I have a 2004 chrysler sebring it wont start. battery is

I have a 2004 chrysler sebring it won't start.
battery is good. What is the problem
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
Do you get any sound at all when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no sound at all
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
have you tried to lock and unlock the doors with the remote?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no we haven't
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
You need to try that just try to see if may be you have a alarm system that is cutting the starter off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just tried the remote but car will not start. Also to let you know the radio will not
play. a/c comes on horn, lights all work.
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
Did the remote work?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The remote does work
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
What engine do you have in it? a 2.4 or the 2.7?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2.7 L engine
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
This may be a netural safety switch problem you may want to move the shifter back and forth a few times and then try it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any other way to tell if it is a neutral switch
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
You would need a scan tool that would let you watch live data to see if it is working. Do you have a test light or voltmeter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i do have a volt meter.
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay my computer system is giving me problems. You will need to see if you have battery voltage at the big wire at the starter and then see if you have battery voltage at the small wire on the starter when someone trys to start it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you believe this is the problem. I actually had the car towed this morning
to an auto repair shop. the thing that puzzles me is that I have power
everywhere except the radio and the ignition.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am still asking what would let the sebring have power to everything but
the radio & the ignition to start the car?
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
This could be caused by a ing switch feed. But I will need you to check the starter wires so when can see if the two are related.you stated you have already checked the fuses. so if they are good You will need to do some testing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
guess what. my sebring had a fuse out but the mechanic let the car stay
overnight. this morning the car would not start. What is going on is
Please help need vehicle.
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
Did it blow a fuse again? is so which fuse is it that is blowing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it did blow the fuse. But put new one in and we have been driving
the car. He thinks it is possibly something to do with the starter.
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
it could be the starter if it is blowing while spinning the engine over.
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp