quickcar
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+years of chrysler dealership experience
17227360

Pt cruiser: i have a leak in the interior..trim..windshield

i have a leak in the interior of my pt cruiser, it is dripping on the right hand side of the kick panel and is high enough on the trim that it appears to be from the windshield although i can't tell for sure
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  quickcar replied 5 years ago.
hello, does your pt cruiser have a sunroof?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it does but this is down by the right side kick panel under the dash
Expert:  quickcar replied 5 years ago.

one of the most common leaks i see in that area is from the drain tube in the pillar. if your sunroof is factory it has a tube at each corner. these tubes direct any water that gets pass the seal down into the body and out to the ground, the front tubes run down the apillars and into the kick panels. these tubes are known for getting clog with dirt and then leaking into the car.

if you lower the headliner youll see them take and disconnect them from the sunroof and blow air through them to clear them out.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if that's the case how do i get the headliner down?
Expert:  quickcar replied 5 years ago.

what year is your pt cruiser ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2002
Expert:  quickcar replied 5 years ago.
ok first youll want to remove the sunvisors and disconnect the electrical connector to the vanity mirrors on the sunvisor if it is equipped. then remove the trim that surrounds the sunroof,the remove the a pillar and b pillar trim. you may need to remove or at least loosen the c and d pillar trim panels as well. then remove the sun visor hooks and the coat hanger hooks if equipped then it should drop down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i just blow out the tubes right at the sunroof?
Expert:  quickcar replied 5 years ago.
if you can get a blow gun in there and try that but what usually happens is the tubes will blow off the sunroof when you do that.
quickcar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10+years of chrysler dealership experience