Auto Go
Auto Go, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified, ASE certified Undercar Specialist, ASE Advanced Engine Performance certified

2002 chrysler town & Country: the radio..Mini Van

Customer Question

Which fuse to replace for the radio in a 2002 Crysler Town & Country Mini Van
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The radio fuse is fuse number 8 and 5 for the base radio and fuse number 5 and 14 with the high level radio. Just check all 3 of em.

graphic

Hope this helps. If you need antying else, let me know. If this is what you need, please ACCEPT my work! thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No this is not what my fuse box looks like my van is a 2002 -- I do not have any fuses 8 - 5 - 14 mine are mostly 40 and 20??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The diagram that you sent is not what my fuse box looks like. My van is a 2002 v6
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.
I am not referring to the fuse amperage. I am referring to the fuse position in the underhood fuse block. I will double check my informaiton.
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.

here is the location of the fuse block I am talking about.

graphic

It is located right next to the battery. refer to the image in the previous post for fuse numbers and fuse locations. If you do not have a fuse block in this location please give me the VIN so I can verify what type and year of vehicle we are working on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2c4gp44352r681478
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I have verified the year make and model and it is as you say.

Can you still not locate the underhood fuse block? located just to the side of the battery? It will have a cover on it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have located the fuse relay but the diagram that you sent is not what is under there. For example I located fuse 14 on the diagram that you sent but it is not there. I have green fuses with a number 40 in white on top. I did notice that all of them have 2 silver balls and 1 does not.
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.
These fuses are hard to tell without a trained eye if they are bad or not. Please note that fues 14 will only be present with the up level stereo system. The base level system does not use this fuse so if it's not present, then you most likely have the base level audio system. Are fuses 5 and 8 present and ok?
Expert:  Auto Go replied 4 years ago.

graphic

does this look like what you have?