Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified 0ver 25 years. Dealership, independant experience Bubmer to Bumper all makes/models
12331040

how do you change a serpentine belt on a 1999 sebring conv. 2.5 motor

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

I am going to attach a belt diagram for you, but I will say right now for you sanity, if you do not have a lift, your not going to hunt this dog. The power steering adjustments are, near impossible to get to {my bet is the factory hung the belts prior to installing the engine and new it was an issue} and made the adjuster for the alt and A/C just as bad. {a triangle piece of steel with 2 bolts and a piston. Need a long pry bar for that one.

I would reccommend taking this one to a shop. I get a full hour labor to install this, and I grumble it ain't enough the whole time. Every time I do one,I want to punch the engineer in the nose.

You may want to do yourself a favor and take this one to a shop.

Scott.