Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician
12365498

twice my 2006 chrysler 300c has shut off on me. once at a stop

twice my 2006 chrysler 300c has shut off on me. once at a stop light i went to push the gas on green and the oil light came on and the wheel locked up and all the lights were on but i had to put it back in park and restart it.. after 2 weeks it did it again in mid drive going to make a left turn with traffic coming towards me and it did the same thing the oil light came on and the wheel tightened and i had to muscle the wheel and use the leftover speed id built up to move before traffic hit me. took it into carmax and they dont have a clue what it is. help?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer Chrysler. When this has happened, had you recently filled the fuel tank?

Chris

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not sure about the first time but the second time i had refueled the tank right before. on those days i also drove about 70 miles in a row with short stops to turn off the car and pick people up..maybe overheating but its a fairly new car?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Ok, there have been stalling issues with these vehicles and it always seems to happen after refueling. There is a bulletin that talks about this. It involves checking for raw fuel in the evaporative system vapor lines. And if there is, have the vapor canister and purge solenoid replaced. This may be covered under an emission warranty. Here is a copy of this bulletin so you can print it out and take it to the dealer. Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris

Case Number XXXXX
Vehicle Issue Vehicle dies out when coming to a stop. | Purge cannister contamination
Year 2006
Model LX - 300
Engine 5.7L HEMI MULTI DISPLACEMENT
System or Component Group 18 - Vehicle Performance / Driveability
Symptom Die out / Stall
Other Influencing Conditions After Filling Fuel Tank
Condition Verification Yes - Intermittent
Case Verification Verify the vehicle complaint. If the condition is worse after just filling the fuel tank, monitor the short term adaptives and see if they go highly negative when the condition occurs. If they are slightly elevated. Disconnect the purge solenoid and see if the condition is less frequent. If this is the case review the below recommendaiton.
Recommendation Remove the purge line and see if there is any raw fuel in the line. Also remove the canister and check for raw fuel contamination. If the cannister is saturated, replace the cannister and purge solenoid and check the fuel tank control valve and liquid check to be sure they are functioning properly,.
Modification Date 07/11/05 8:48 AM

Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience: 25 years certified Chrysler technician and ASE Certified Master Technician