brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

I have a blown head gasket on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring, 2.7

I have a blown head gasket on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring, 2.7 engine. The dealer want to replace the complete enigine. Is it possile to replace the head gasket and new heads. Is it as good as replacing the complete engine ?????
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
It is possible to replace the head gaskets and heads. It is not as good as the entire engine as the bottom of the engine would be used with miles on it and the top new. It really depends on how long you plan on keeping the car. If you are going to keep it for a while (several years) i would do the engine. If 2 years or less I would do the heads.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a ballpark price on new heads. The dealer wants $7000 for a new engine.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
$2,700.00 to do the heads.