sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Town..serpentine belt comes off when I drive in heavy rain..diagram

2000 Town and country...the serpentine belt comes off when I drive in heavy rain. Where can I find a diagram for belt placement?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Here is a belt diagram for your van. Be sure your automatic tensioner is working correctly, and make sure it is inline with the other pulleys. Look at it from the front and make sure it doesn't look like it's leaning towards the right side of the van. Replace it if it is.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hunted diligently for the belt diagram I needed and I really appreciate you sending it to me. Of course after I got it and went back to the van to fix it, I found one under the I am thinking the splash guard under the town and country really sucks. When it rains heavily and deep puddles form I lose the fan belt. This time at least I didn't have to take it to the shop. Thanks.
Make sure the tensioner is in good shape. Make sure the right side wiper cowl drain isn't dumping on the belt. It should have a black drain tube to get the water away from the belt. If everything looks ok there is an aftermarket setup to stop the belt from rolling off. It comes with a ilder pulley that has grooves instead of being flat, and the belt is ribbed on both sides instead of just one. It's pricy but it beats having the belt come off every time it rains.