Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

1995 Chrysler Cirrus: 1st gear..electrical dials..odometer..hooked

1995 Chrysler Cirrus, won't shift out of 1st gear (most of the time) No engine light on. At one point the electrical dials failed (gas-odometer) Unhooked battery and hooked back up to see if it would reset anything. Did not. Was told by sprinkler8 that could be several things with a final of internal transmission.. Told to go to parts store and have computer read, but the parts store said the engine light would have to be on to do that!!!!! What the heck?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer Chrysler. The parts store is wrong. If you just want to look at data (inputs/outputs, sensor values etc). Then you can do that with the proper scan tool (NOT A CODE READER). So I recommend checking with another parts store or "educate" the parts store that told you this. Now I am thinking that the out put speed sensor may be failing, so if you can get a real scan tool connected then look at the transmission input and out put speed values.

Chris