b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer

2001 Chrysler 300m: the front end..strut..control arm..bushings

I have a 2001 Chrysler 300m, It has a clunking noise in the front end when you hit even the slighest bump. You even feel it in your feet . The car has complete new strut assemblies, new control arm and sway bar bushings. The motor cradle has been checked and we still cannot find the noise.

Any Ideas??????

Jay Newth
did they replace the sway bar end links also?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes Both links were replaced
ok did they check the tie rod ends those are known for making that kind of noise also when they get some play in them
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes all seem OK
ok how about the strut mounts?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Strut mounts and Coil springs are new
ok anything else replaced?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Here is what we replaced The entire strut assemblies all new, all lower control bushings and sway bar bushings, the sway bar end links. This noise started as a rattle going out my driveway and within 2 miles it was so bad I turned around and went home.

ok something has to be loose for it to rattle that bad were the ball joints checked at all?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes there is no play what so ever, I agree something has to be loose. but I just can't find anything
did they check the inner tie rod bushings at the steering rack?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

That one I am not sure of but there is no play in the steering and it only makes the noise on bumps not turning.

okthey could cause the noise best thing i can tell you to do is find a drive on lift that keeps the vehicle weight on the tires and put it up in the air and boince the vehicle till it makes the noise and then try to locate where it is coming from you have already hit all the common issues for that kind of noise