John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience:  43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
9510839

REPLACING HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY TOWN AND COUNTRY 2008

Customer Question

I live in Switzerland, I imported a 2008 Town and Country Limited, Xenon headlights are standard. Here the Xenon lights are not approved unless they come with the headlight washer and a stabilizer (i don't know what that is) the people here are telling me I have to install the washer and the stabilizer. I thinks its just cheaper to remove the whole Xenon headlight assembly and replace it with the normal halogen headlight assembly, my question: Will the electricity connectors fit? Is the electricity coming to the assembly the same voltage and amps?. Can I just buy the complete halogen assembly and replace the Xenon assembly with it or there is more to it?
Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is John.

The headlight unit will bolt in and the headlamp bulb connector would have to be change from a 4 pin to a 2 pin connector,but there is another connector for the igniter on the headlight unit that is run by a computer.This would set codes and shut down the headlights.I would ask the dealership there if they can reprogram the computer for the change if not.

Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. I will ask the dealer. Do you think that the same program that is now controlling the Xenon would control the Halogen version? Also, please let me know if the computer controls only the smart beam function or all the manual functions as well such as on/off high and low beams. If so I could leave the computer connector unplugged and the only affected feature would be the smartbeam.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I would think there is different programing ,because the is more componets with the HID system.I know that there is a different sales code number in the computer FCM that will tell it what there is installed in the van.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, but you think its possible. I guess if the igniter of the halogen assembly also has a connector for the computer there must be a program for it. Thank you for all your help, I will let you go now and I will come back with more questions as the problem develops. Thank you.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Let me know what else you need.

If I have help you,please push the accept button when were done.

thank you for choosing just answer
John, triple chrysler master tech
Experience: 43 years,triple chrys ,ase master tech,l1,t2 b5 a1-a8 Hev spec.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear XXXXX, you helped with this issue last time. Please let me know if what the dealer here is telling me is ok. They are saying its going to cost $1,200 to replace the headlight with the halogen version because they have to redo the wiring. Let me know what you think. Regards, Cris
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The two headlights cost 350.00 here.
graphic
graphic
The two connector are about 100.00,so the parts should be around 450.00.

I would think that 2 hours labor is fair to do the job.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello John,

I could keep the Xenon lights if I installed the washer and auto leveling. Please let me know if it is possible to install the trailer tow prep package later or this is a package sold only when you buy the car new, I see that this package contains the automatic suspension leveling system, or perhaps its possible to install just the automatic leveling system without the whole package. Thanks.

Trailer Tow Prep      AHT      $600.00
Trailer towing preparation
Automatic rear suspension leveling
Trailer tow wiring harness
Weights: gross trailer weight braked (lbs) 3,600
Heavy duty engine cooling system
Heavy Duty radiator
Auxiliary oil cooler
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Here where you can buy the tow hitch and trailer wiring harness from chrysler.

graphic
graphic
They can be added any time.
At mopar.com you can buy the hitch and wiring harness.

They don't sell a washer kit and auto leveler kit for the headlights,so i think it will cost to much to do this with the washer and auto leveler,there will need to be another computer for the auto leveler and more wiring.

Let me know what else you need.

Thank you for choosing just answer