Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

I once again (3 times)need to replace the Power distribution

Customer Question

I once again (3 times)need to replace the Power distribution center assembly on my Dodge RAM 2500 2003 Diesel 4x4 4 door pick up. The tail lights and trailer lights stop working. I understand that this vehicle was made WITHOUT ABS brakes for the EXPORT market. One of my replaced units has Part Number P56049019AF A. , there was an updated part number for this unit on the second or third one I replaced.
Please provide the PART NUMBER for a Power distribution center assembly for a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 4door pick up for the EXPORT market WITHOUT the ABS brake system (NO ABS BRAKES) but WITH the trailer towing wiring
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.
Part # XXXXX is still a good number and there are no further updates beyond this number.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this is the number with ABS I want the number WITHOUT ABS and WITH trailer brakes and lights

In 2003 the parts listing shows just one power distribution with or with out's

The part # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thats for North American Sales , what about Soutth America or Africa or any othe Country these vehicles were exported to or even US Military?

What do you want me to tell you?

Chryslers parts system lists ONE pdc for an 03.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your support. I really don't want to buy that particular unit every 18 months or so just to have trailer brakes and lights.

The Chrysler repair manual says that this truck was sold for export without the ABS brakes and although there is a separate ABS brake module it connects into the above mentioned unit.

I thought that in order to get a DIFFERENT unit I would try the EXPORT model unit which would obviously have a different part number.

It appears your reference material is not linked to military or EXPORT model part numbers.

I will continue to look for this part, perhaps my cousin in Argentina can help.

Thank yu again for your support

Yes, the parts sytem is able to be turned into the export "mode". Same part # XXXXX up.

Whether or not it has ABS , wouldn't make any difference to this component anyway.

Whatever problem you are having, isn't going to be the fault of this power distribution is likely going to be elsewhere.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

well if it doesn't have ABS it would be a different part number. And my question was for a unit for my truck that is different from the replace every 18 month unit I have now. If I bypass the unit and go directly from the tail lights in an aftermarket harness it works perfect but I still have to deal with the trailer brakes.

SO you have not answered my question by giving me the unit number that the Chrysler Repair manual refers to.

I'll let you sort this out......